In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc: Wrapping up the Indonesia Issue
- Will the Obama Budget Ruin Roth IRAs?
- Before You Quit Your Job, Know the Rules for Rolling Over Retirement Savings
- Bitcoin?s New Problems: Death, Meltdowns, and Warren Buffett?s Disapproval
- Florida State Football Season Ticket Sales Skyrocketing
- Why Is There a Stock Ticker at Every Tanger Outlet Center?