In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 GSV Capital Numbers You Shouldn't Miss
- Western Refining's Buyout of Northern Tier: More Deals to Follow?
- Is Manitowoc Destined for Greatness?
- 8 Ways to Be Exempt From the Individual Mandate Under Obamacare
- Why You Shouldn't Care That Moody's Downgraded These 4 Banks
- JPMorgan Chase Officially Reaches Record $13 Billion Settlement