In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Earnings: The Numbers Investors Need to Know
- Should You Invest in the Best Online Bank in the U.S.?
- Carl Icahn's 2 Recent Buys
- What "Ex-Dividend" Means and Why It Matters
- Why Crashing Oil Prices Mean Income Investors Should Avoid These 3 High-Yielding Investments at All
- InvenSense and Its Convertible Debt: Part 1