In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Will a Roth IRA Lower My Taxes?
- Does Earnings Before Interest and Tax Include Interest Income and Interest Expense?
- The Difference Between a Restricted Stock Unit and a Restricted Stock Award
- Hawaiian Holdings Inc.'s EPS Just Soared
- Statement of Shareholders? Equity
- 5 Assets That Can Poison Your 401k Fund