In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bank of America's Income Statement in 2 Easy Charts
- Here's How America's Big Banks Can Regain Consumers' Trust
- SIMPLE IRA: A Smart and Easy Option for Retirement Savings
- This Is the Average Credit Card Interest Rate Across America. How Do You Compare?
- Read This Before Applying for a Joint Credit Card
- 5 Ways a Fixed Annuity Is Different From a Bank CD