In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things SolarCity Corp's Management Wants You to Know
- Can Home Depot Inc. Build Upon the Foundation Laid Out by Wall Street?
- 2 Investments to Avoid in Your IRA
- Will Obama Really Limit Your Retirement Savings?
- 3 Stocks That Could Profit From the Euro Crash
- LINN Energy LLC's Earnings: Here's What You Need to Know