In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Banking on Facebook: Here's Their Next Big Thing!
- Why You Should Plow Your Money Into This Snowplow Company
- These 3 Charts Show Why New York Community Bancorp Is So Unique
- Is It Too Late for Investors to Follow George Soros Into Penn Virginia Corporation?
- Why Innovation and Diversification Make This Consumer Discretionary Stock Attractive
- BHP Billiton Is Bullish on Coal Long Term...If It Matters