In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How To Get Your FICO Score For Free
- 3 Money Moves to Make (and 1 to Avoid) Before Lending Rates Begin to Rise
- 6 Financial Nuggets of Wisdom They Should Have Taught Us in School (But Didn't)
- What Apple Music's Blistering Start Means for Spotify
- The Companies Sued the Most Over Patents in 2015
- After Earnings, Is NXP Semiconductors a Buy?