Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is SandRidge Mississippian Trust II Worth a Long-Term Investment?
- Will Herbalife Exceed Earnings Expectations for the 22nd Consecutive Quarter?
- Orders for Durable Goods up 0.7%
- Under Armour Has Done It Again
- Will Second-Quarter Earnings Launch Colgate-Palmolive to New All-Time Highs?
- Here's What Drove Under Armour, Inc.'s Latest Beat and Raise