Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netflix Inc. Gets A Boost, But Can It Stay on Top?
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Your Personal Finances
- 2015: The Year Cable TV Finally Dies
- Ford Motor Company's Forgotten SUV Is Surging, and It's a Big Deal
- Driverless Cars Poised to Transform Automotive Industry
- Intel Corporation and Altera Corporation Surge on Possible Acquisition