Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why DISH Network Might Be Considering a Big Merger
- Veteran Oil Minister Says OPEC Alone Can?t Set Oil-Price Levels
- Why Intel Corporation's 14-Nanometer Mobile Chips Could Finally Be Game Changers
- Demand for Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Dual-Motor Vehicles Is "Off the Charts"
- Hewlett-Packard Company Offers Mixed Q4 Results
- 3 Future-Proof Manufacturing Stocks for Your Portfolio