Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Coca-Cola Company and the Path of Least Resistance
- 3 New Issues IPO Investors Need to Know About for This Week
- Key Takeaways From Qihoo 360's Earnings Report
- How Proposed IRA Changes Could Hurt Your Family's Future
- Royalties Trouble Ahead for Qualcomm?
- Using the Internet of Things and Cloud Connectivity to Build a Smarter Hospital