Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Raytheon Company Reports Earnings: Why I Own It -- and Why I Regret It
- Phillips 66 Earnings: All Big Oil Isn't the Same
- Intel Corporation May Be Able to See an Over $1 Billion Improvement in Mobile Losses During 2016
- The Coca-Cola Co. Lost to the Market in 2014. Will These Deals Help the Stock Pop in 2015?
- MasterCard Could Give Investors Another Earnings Pop This Week
- Microsoft Corporation Stock Slips Post Earnings: Bargain or Bull Trap?