Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Invest in Companies You Love: Costco, Apple, and CarMax
- The Simplest, Nearly Painless Way to Pay Off Your Mortgage Early
- A Sure Sign That Housing Is Getting Back On Track
- Why Chipotle's Stock Just Got Cheaper Than the "Next" Chipotle's
- Earnings Roundup: Look Beyond Abbott Labs' Short-term Bumps
- The Business of Sci-Fi: Can Comcast Turn Syfy Into the Next AMC?