Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will LinkedIn Corporation Earnings Reinvigorate Investor Confidence?
- Would Ditching Intel Really Make Apple Inc.?s Mac Better?
- 3 Things You Probably Never Knew About Intel Corporation
- Why Biotech Stocks Were Crushed, Again
- Could CTI BioPharma's FDA Shortcut Spell Trouble for Incyte?
- These 3 Stocks Are Nothing but Dividend Yield Traps