Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Takeaways From iRobot Corporation Earnings
- Wednesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- Illumina Inc's Seemingly Endless Victory Lap
- McDonald's Disappoints: Buying Opportunity or Time to Run?
- Google and AT&T Look to Dominate High-Speed Internet While Crushing the Competition
- Why Equifax Inc. Shares Will Leap to $80