Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Stocks for Organic Food Lovers
- The Container Store Stock Down 50%: Buying Opportunity or Time to Run?
- How You Can Profit Alongside Apple Inc.
- 3 Reasons Cisco Systems Is Becoming a Top Dividend Stock
- Why Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc. Stock Has Crashed 46% This Year
- Can Staples Stock Turn It Around After Crashing 23% in 2014?