Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks You'll Want To Own If Inflation Begins To Rise
- Williams Companies' $13.8 Billion Kinder Style Merger: 3 Things Dividend Investors Need to Know
- Buckle Tightens Its Belt as Revenue, Earnings Shrink
- Johnson & Johnson Takes On Gilead Sciences in Hep C... Again
- Is Carl Icahn Right or Wrong About Apple Inc. Stock?
- Macy's Makes a Risky Move to Pander to Wealthy Customers