Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Big Fat Greek Crisis
- What Do You Need to Open a Bank Account?
- Second-Chance Checking Accounts Could Be the Solution to Your Banking Needs
- Travelers Checks: 3 Times You'd Actually Still Use Them
- 6 Banking Technologies You'll See in the Next 5 Years
- Google Inc. Could Reveal an "Internet of Things" OS Soon
- Ally Financial Inc May Be the Future of Banking, But Is It a Good Investment?
- Ally Financial's Revamped Business Should Scare Its Established Competitors
- The Next Wave of Underpaid Worker Protests
- The True Costs of the Largest Event in Human History
- Diebold to Upgrade 1,100 ATMs for Credit Union
- 7 Saving Tips