An ATM card is a plastic card embossed with a name and account number, with a magnetic stripe on the back. It is issued by a bank or credit union and used with a PIN (personal identification number) to access an automatic teller machine, to verify identification, and to purchase goods.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 More Reason American Express Is a Great Company
- Do You Hate ATM Fees? That May Change Soon
- The Most Important Thing to Remember When Using Your Credit Card
- Why Discover Financial Services' Stock Is Up 16% This Year
- Could This Be the Bank of the Future?
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Euronet Worldwide, Inc.