An ATM card is a plastic card embossed with a name and account number, with a magnetic stripe on the back. It is issued by a bank or credit union and used with a PIN (personal identification number) to access an automatic teller machine, to verify identification, and to purchase goods.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Huntington Bancshares Defy Critics, Enrich Shareholders, and Make Banking Fair and Transparent?
- Can ecoATMs Change the Negative Perception Surrounding Outerwall?
- Why Global Cash Access Holdings, Inc. Shares Plummeted Today
- 20 Ways Americans Are Blowing Their Money
- The Big Potential of Bank of America's New Checking Account
- Sally Beauty Releases Details on Data Breach