An ATM card is a plastic card embossed with a name and account number, with a magnetic stripe on the back. It is issued by a bank or credit union and used with a PIN (personal identification number) to access an automatic teller machine, to verify identification, and to purchase goods.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- If Your 401(k) Plan Is Doing This, You?re in Trouble
- 41 Best Banks and Credit Unions of 2015
- Can You Guess Which Bank Americans Are Most Loyal To?
- Low Gas Prices Have Failed to Boost Consumer Spending. Here's Why That's Great News
- How to Turn Your Old Gadgets Into Cash
- Why Your Kid Needs a Checking Account