Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chart: Bank of America Is Closing Branches as Mobile App Users Grow
- What a Difference a Year Makes for Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- The Best Credit Card Cash Advance Deals
- Banks vs. Credit Unions: Which One Is Right for You?
- 3 of the Best Banks in America
- Bank of America Takes Another Step Toward Branchless Banking
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Bank of America and Citigroup
- Ally Financial Inc May Be the Future of Banking, But Is It a Good Investment?
- Ally Financial's Revamped Business Should Scare Its Established Competitors
- The Next Wave of Underpaid Worker Protests
- The True Costs of the Largest Event in Human History
- Diebold to Upgrade 1,100 ATMs for Credit Union