Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Housing: A Shift Half a Century in the Making
- Will This Management Team Prop Up Your Portfolio?
- Banks Tell Customers: Pay Up or Get Out!
- Microsoft, FBI Team Up to Take Down Banking Cyber Criminals
- Cardtronics Buys Merrimak ATM Business
- Tuesday's Top News Headlines