The 14A filing is a Securites and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing detailing insider ownership of a corporation.
The Motley Fool generally takes these statements very seriously, as we believe there's almost no substitute for the value and importance of executives owning a piece of their own corporation. We feel much more comfortable owning stock when management owns a lot, and less comfortable owning stock when management doesn't.
Simple as that.
Get used to using and reading 14A filings.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Form 10-K: The Most Important Thing You'll Never Read
- 3 Keys to Investing Success From the Billionaire Behind Garmin
- How Do Apple's and Google's Corporate Governance Policies Compare?
- Why Does America Hate Wall Street but Love Silicon Valley?
- Will These Punches Knock Out Bank of America?
- SPECIAL ALERT: The Hugest Bubble in History Set to Explode